In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(gentle)(exercise) de bajo impacto
- Try walking, jogging, stair climbing, jumping rope, cycling, kickboxing, dancing or low-impact aerobics.
- Cross-country skiing is one of the best low-impact aerobic workouts there is, equipment is a fraction of the cost of downhill gear, and there are no lift passes to buy.
- You can choose from a wide variety of types of yoga, varying from very low-impact to fairly demanding.
- Running and cycling both utilize many of the major muscle groups of the legs, but cycling also provides an isolated exercise that is low-impact.
- The low-impact movements allow weak and injured bodies to slowly rebuild strength, while improving posture and reducing pain.
- Last year, I had knee surgery and six weeks later returned to a low-impact workout program.
- Because the movements are low-impact and put minimal stress on your muscles and joints, tai chi is appealing to many older adults.
- At that point, he exchanged long runs for more low-impact cross-training.
- Although some forms of yoga are vigorous, prenatal yoga is a low-impact form of exercise - a bonus during pregnancy because hormonal changes relax the connective tissues, making bouncing motions stressful to joints.
- Walking, jogging and low-impact aerobics are good options for weight-bearing exercise.
- Focus on low-impact aerobics, such as walking or cycling, and a low-fat low-sugar diet to stay lean and maintain general health.
- For instance, just 20 to 30 minutes of moderate walking or other low-impact exercise releases the same pleasure chemicals in the brain that consuming sweets and carbohydrates would.
- Walking is a great low-impact, cardiovascular workout for people of all fitness levels.
- Treadmills are still the most popular type of equipment sold, but a growing number of elliptical motion trainers are attracting exercisers seeking a low-impact workout.
- Members of the Taoist Tai Chi society accompanied James and gave a demonstration of the benefits the eastern low-impact exercise can have for older people.
- But low-impact exercise is healthy for joints.
- Not only does water aerobics provide the ultimate low-impact workout, but also offers an excellent environment to regulate body temperature and avoid overheating.
- This is a low-impact form of exercise which allows you to tone up in your own home.
- For example, patients can be told to begin a low-impact exercise such as walking, five to 10 minutes per day three to four days per week, and slowly increase the time by one to two minutes per week as tolerated.
- It's better than aerobics, because it's low-impact and less sweaty.
2(causing minimum damage to the environment)de bajo impacto ambientalde bajo impacto ecológico
- It's a low-impact project and it's coming at a time when there is a need for more power generation.
- To attempt to provide low-impact, low-maintenance, fuel-efficient accommodation in such a place is an extraordinarily brave, and bold, undertaking.
- The website will encourage Calgarians to be involved in low-impact wildland recreation opportunities and to become actively involved in planning that affects local and regional wildlands.
- Once upon a time, many youth camps in the United States were examples of sustainable, low-impact design and operation.
- A trail guide will be published to show the route and provide information on local services and marine conditions, boater safety, low-impact camping, and coastal environments.
- In addition, at the national parks and forests, many of the visitor stations offer free publications that detail simple low-impact camping skills.
- We cooked on both our stove and fires during our trip, and used low-impact methods or existing fire rings so we didn't mess things up.
- For example, the institute's Mountain Stewards coach national forest visitors on the fine points of low-impact recreation and camping.
- In both Canada and the Philippines, mining is touted as a low-impact, economically lucrative industry - a simple process with a cash return.
- Essentially what the environmental groups want is increased emphasis on trail development and low-impact recreation, less on economic benefits.
- The plan paved the way for low-impact, land-based accommodation facilities for up to 40 people on Long Island in the Wallabi Group and Little Roma Island in the Easter Group.
- Along the way, he helped to introduce a nation of wilderness enthusiasts to a concept of low-impact camping that emphasized good judgment and respect for the terrain.
- I spoke to two people who have received permission to build low-impact, sustainable homes in Pembrokeshire - homes that embody the environmentally-friendly ambitions of their owners, as well as satisfying the planners.
- The trip was organized to raise awareness and concern for the ecology and cultural legacy of this vast international watershed, and to demonstrate the principles of low-impact recreational practices, safety, and stewardship.
- Those views might look even better when you consider that rail is a relatively low-impact way to see them.
- Learn about and see first-hand some local examples of low-impact development.
- In 1997, he came up with low-impact development technology and then used an EPA grant to convert the local model into a national one.
- The center works with communities and municipalities to change codes that prevent low-impact designs.
- A rain garden was established along with other low-impact development techniques to reduce stormwater runoff.
- Along the way, we would master the finer points of ocean paddling - most of us were beginners - and practice navigation, freediving, map reading, low-impact camping, and knot tying.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.