In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(officer) de baja graduación(official) subalterno
- In the war itself he was a low-ranking South Vietnamese officer.
- I don't think Secretary Rumsfeld is going to appear in a court for a trial for some low-ranking member of the military, no.
- Among primates, high social rank affects the rate of pubertal development, with high-ranking females maturing more quickly than low-ranking females.
- Consequently, high-ranking females recruit more offspring to the age of sexual maturity than do low-ranking females.
- The fifth extrapair copulation involved an experimentally manipulated female who copulated with a low-ranking male.
- Some Democrats have accused the Pentagon of foisting all the blame on to low-ranking soldiers.
- Courtney was too low-ranking to be worth the Russians investing in.
- Only a low ranking official was sent to greet him at the airport.
- His empowerment story of rising from a low-ranking cop to an IRS officer may further strengthen the very premise of the reservation policy.
- Having demonstrated the importance they attach to world famine by the low-ranking delegations, Western governments used the conference to propagate their own agenda.
- At the top are high-ranking lineages, followed by low-ranking lineages.
- Consequently, most low-ranking gang members hold low paying legitimate sector jobs in addition to selling drugs for the gang.
- However, low-ranking birds appear to experience much lower overall reproductive success in disturbed habitat than in undisturbed habitat.
- In four cases, females paired to low-ranking males had extrapair copulations with high-ranking neighbors.
- Thus, the superior nutrition available to high-ranking mothers may allow them to be more successful than low-ranking mothers at raising twins or daughters.
- Most of the theories about his identity focus on low-ranking or already disgraced policemen.
- In olive baboons, two lower ranking males sometimes form a team to gain access to estrous females.
- In each instance, the mother was a low-ranking female who had given birth to male twins.
- Her family was low-ranking in the byzantine system of social controls in place in North Korea.
- The nine soldiers convicted in the Abu Ghraib scandal have all been low-ranking Reservists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.