In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tierras bajas femininefeminine tierras calientes
- But up in the mountains there are not these extensive areas of lowland tundra where all the birds and the musk oxen can live.
- The study area is a fragmented landscape of lowland tropical rainforest surrounded by roads, cultivated fields and pasturelands.
- It primarily grazes and rests on highland or lowland desert, semidesert or steppe.
- The topography of Kerala could be divided into highland, midland and lowland areas.
- The north-east of England is a land where uplands and lowlands meet, and are never far apart.
- Both in the uplands and the lowlands insects continued to represent an astonishing diversity of forms.
- It is believed that the hardest-hit areas will be on the mainland, especially the lowlands.
- Alpine regions, lowland forests and wetlands all have characteristic species.
- Greystones Farm is a site of special scientific interest, with lowland wet meadow in which orchids flourish.
- Both uplands and lowlands possess a variety of soils.
- Both tree species are common in primary and secondary forests, from uplands to lowlands.
- The refuges were mainly areas of lowland rainforest that survived when savanna became more widely distributed in colder and drier episodes.
- They often move into wooded lowlands in winter, but there is no consistent migration.
- The Buddha was born in the Terai lowlands near the foothills of the Himalayas just inside the borders of modern-day Nepal.
- It features everything from snow-capped mountains and river canyons to the lowlands of the Amazon basin.
- In the summer, they breed on marshy, lowland tundra at the northern limits of the boreal forest.
- Roughly made thonged sandals were worn only in lowland areas where the terrain was rocky.
- To the west lie the Bordeaux lowlands and the Gironde Estuary, to the south the plains of Languedoc, and to the east the Rhône valley.
- Rising sea levels for Tuvalu have created serious lowland flooding.
- Compared with the surrounding terrain, Niamakoroni's lowlands are relatively lush.
2the Lowlands (of Scotland) — las tierras bajas
1de las tierras bajasde tierra caliente
2Lowland(in Scotland)de las tierras bajasde las Lowlandsde los Lowlands
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.