In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in hair)reflejos oscuros masculinemechas oscuras femininemechitas oscuras feminine River Platerayitos oscuros masculine Chile
- I think it's because it's monotone - lowlights would give the colour depth.
- She had thick, curly blonde hair with brown lowlights to give it a truer color.
- Behind them were another boy with very short platinum blond hair with black lowlights, and a taller man with long black hair and blue-green eyes.
- A good idea would be to get a few lowlights near to your own colour.
- With each step her short, straight ponytail bobbed from side to side, dyed banana bread blonde with brown roots and lowlights.
- Gina wasted no time at all in whisking up a bowl of caramel colour for the lowlights, and whacked it on, foil and all.
- Add slenderizing vertical lines to your hair through well placed highlights or lowlights.
- In other colourful news, I've just had some reddish/copper lowlights put in my hair.
- The lowdown on lowlights: Should I change my hair's hue for winter?
- Subtle and calming multidimensional colors, including highlights and lowlights one to shades different from the base color, dominate the season to reflect a relaxed and natural look.
2informal(disappointing aspect)lo menos destacado
- However, the lowlight of the tournament was a fracas between a player and an umpire.
- I am pleased to know that I am not off base and most consider this film the lowlight of his career.
- Believe it or not, that was not the lowlight of the afternoon.
- Here are some of the lowlights (and keep in mind we were already irritated).
- Think back to the performance in Castres, or lack of it, think of all those lowlights.
- Today's lead editorial in the Wall Street Journal basically hits all the lowlights.
- A lowlight was seeing the Cerberus captain helped off the field after only five minutes of play in their first game.
- In selecting the lowlight of the year, I'd have to say that there have been a few.
- Bring school ‘home’ by asking your children for one school highlight and one school lowlight from each day.
- So what about the lowlights and most disappointing performances?
- For some reason, this time around, the lowlights include the rearrangement of almost every vocal track.
- Here are some other lowlights of the House Drama…
- The one lowlight came in the form of the lasagna, which although it tasted fine on top, was blackened on the bottom.
- I suppose you ingrates want a slightly more expansive critique of one of the lowlights of Melbourne theatre in 2005?
- And that, ladies and gentlemen, has got to be the most crushing lowlight of the festival.
- If the seasonal pattern is fulfilled then we can look forward to the following lowlights of a very bleak winter season.
- The lowlight, in terms of competitiveness, was at Daytona, home to NASCAR and its flagship track.
- The lowlight has to come on September 1 when the Red Sox lost to the Yankees, and once again allows the Yankees to clinch the American League East.
- I forget the exact place, but the lowlight came when a roulette croupier stopped all bets before I had put down all of my chips, which wouldn't have been so bad except that I was the only one at the table.
- Its lethargic pace and surprising lack of experimentation render it a boring and predictable lowlight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.