In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1USsalmón ahumado masculine
- You could throw in some lox, but that'd probably put you over ten dollars.
- Brunch can mean just about anything to your date, though, from an English muffin with butter to Nova Scotia lox on a bagel with a side of caviar and a pitcher of mimosas.
- This Sunday, I plan on consuming more bagels, cream cheese with lox, and coffee.
- One of the best things a houseguest ever did for me was go out after a huge party I had and bring back a bag of bagels and lox and cream cheese and capers to mitigate the hangover.
- The two funniest parts of the day were watching Wendell snatch and devour miniature bagels with lox.
- Later, enjoy half a glass of calcium-fortified OJ with a whole-wheat bagel topped with fat-free cream cheese, lox, sprouts and a thick tomato slice.
- She asked the waiter to bring her a bagel, lox and cream cheese because she thought that's what Hollywood people ate - and a coffee to show Robby how grown up she was.
- No. And then I started to have fruit and then there was this one fantasy I've been having the whole time which was a lox and cream cheese bagel.
- Or you can start with all the fixings for bagels and lox: plentiful smoked salmon, lemon wedges, capers, thinly sliced onion and a bowl of cloud-like cream cheese.
- Top with jam, peanut butter, almond butter, low fat cottage cheese, light cream cheese or lox.
- He'd eat the lox and cream cheese, gnaw on the bagel innards, and leave the bagel shells on the floor.
- My religious and ethnic identification consisted of fund-raising for Jewish causes, Israeli dancing and Sunday brunch: bagels and lox.
- Cody took a deep breath of lox, pastrami, and salami.
- All the anecdotes were new to us, the creaking chair-bound jokes fresh as this morning's lox.
- For example, I had the Benedict Florentine: Poached eggs, spinach, in champagne-shallot-orange hollandaise sauce over lox and a crust of brioche.
- The first model to tell us ‘this whole no-carb thing is ridiculous’ downs three meals and three snacks a day, including lox on a bagel and eggs in the morning and steak or chicken at night.
- Bagels with cream cheese and lox in Los Angeles take me back to early Sunday mornings in a small bakery in Toronto and learning to be Jewish.
- When I was a kid, it was possible to get real lox on a real bagel in a real deli, even in New Hampshire.
- I had just knocked off three bagels and lox with cream cheese, and washed em down with four cups of very strong coffee.
- It was like Thanksgiving, except it was lox instead of turkey.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.