In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lunarlunar landing — alunizaje masculine
- He did propose the setting up of an observatory to provide accurate lunar data in his attempts to convince the commissioners.
- It is caused by the earth moving between the sun and the moon, casting a shadow over the lunar surface.
- The Chinese New Year is based on the lunar calendar and so varies from year to year.
- He is honoured by having a large lunar crater named after him.
- There was only so much our scientists could do with lunar rocks or soil samples.
- Soon your smooth pool bottom will be a lunar landscape of ridges and foot prints.
- Samples of moon rock and lunar dust landed at a Silsden primary school last week.
- Apollo was not followed by a lunar base, even though much remains to be explored on the Moon.
- About a quarter of the lunar diameter was eclipsed, and re-emergence occurred about a quarter of an hour before sunrise.
- The two ships would dock in orbit, and propellants would transfer into the lunar craft.
- So even during total lunar eclipse, the lunar disk is not completely dark.
- As the lunar disk cleared the horizon, it appeared that a chunk had been taken out of its bottom.
- It is certainly wild, even deserted in most places, but the stark lunar landscape is only part of a rich and varied wilderness.
- The Kingdom of Nepal functions on two separate kinds of calendars - solar and lunar.
- The first distinction, as we have already seen in Chapter 1, is between lunar and solar eclipses.
- During the voyage he experimented with the lunar position method of determining longitude.
- The Moon has no atmosphere, so a lunar base must be airtight and provide breathable air.
- Water on the lunar surface would be very helpful in the creation of permanent bases on the Moon.
- Mountains of rubbish are piled up to form a landscape that is almost lunar in its desolation.
- The early Apollo missions focused on learning how to work in the lunar environment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.