In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hora de almorzar femininehora de comer feminine Mexico Spain
- There is nothing inappropriate about asking a friend to join you on your lunch hour for a ham sandwich in the company dining room.
- The session lasts 15 minutes and so can be done in your lunch hour.
- Yesterday at work I spent my lunch hour booking stuff for Brett and me to do.
- She reads during her lunch hour and spends four hours a night on homework.
- It is theoretically possible to fit a pub lunch into the regulation sixty minutes of the office lunch hour.
- Employers are being urged to give their staff an extended lunch hour, free drinks or yoga classes to help them cope.
- Whether or not you take pity on Marissa, you will certainly pause for thought next time you pass her in your lunch hour.
- Keeping the two apart is pretty hard, and usually involves working through my lunch hour and on the tube home, planning the next day.
- Today my lunch hour was cut short because I had to meet with a Speech & Language Therapist to discuss one of my little ones.
- The group I was with helped with washing-up duties during the lunch hour.
- I was going to look through the book in my lunch hour, but of course I didn't get one…
- Patients will be able to drop in before work, during their lunch hour or while doing their shopping without making an appointment.
- I spent my lunch hour eating tuna salad out of a plastic container in the kitchen instead of eating a yummy curry in the best curry house in London.
- I'm not there yet, though, so am off to spend my lunch hour on my favourite patch of grass on Primrose Hill.
- They either take days off to let in the washing machine repair man or rush about madly in their lunch hour to get things done.
- Within the space of a lunch hour this afternoon I'd already come across three without even trying.
- I was so happy to see him that I spent a whole lunch hour telling my friend his story.
- I spent my lunch hour buying birthday presents which is why I haven't eaten enough.
- Anyway, as I sat on the phone talking to the direct sales operator during my lunch hour, a rather curious thing happened.
- Yesterday I foolishly tried to do all my Christmas shopping during my lunch hour, and returned to work looking glazed and shaken.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.