In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for food)lonchera feminine Latin Americafiambrera feminine Spain
- It is recommended that lunches are packed in lunch boxes and not in plastic bags.
- I never suggested that the government should be packing your kid's lunch box or running the local supermarket.
- Fifteen kids in climbing harnesses and helmets, carrying lunch boxes, climb out and begin their hike to a rock wall for a day of climbing and rappelling.
- Working parents who fill their children's lunch box with cereal bars, yoghurts or other convenience foods are being urged to check the calorie count and see what percentage of salt, fat and sugar they contain.
- Based on the extremely low levels of lead found in our tests, in most cases, children would have to rub their lunch box and then lick their hands more than 600 times every day, for about 15-30 days, in order for the lunch box to present a health hazard.
- A back-breaking pile of text and notebooks, pencils, lunch box… these are not the only things children carry to school nowadays.
- I've been packing his lunch box with all the best foods I can find for him to eat, yet most days he returns home without having eaten more then a small amount.
- It is not often they carry lunch boxes on Sunday.
- In the immediate aftermath of the changes, one parent sent her child to school with a lunch box containing three Mars bars, two packets of crisps and a fizzy drink.
- But we showed up, bright and early, lunch box and backpack and spare set of clothes and shoes in hand.
- Children may be exposed to lead from lunch boxes when they eat food that has been stored in them.
- I always have a lunch box full of tasty bits and pieces.
- Most kids feel their lunch box isn't quite packed unless there are chips aboard - not the healthiest food around.
- An insulated lunch box is also a good idea, as it will keep the food inside nice and cool.
- For a 1989 exhibition on the history of television, Smithsonian curators scoured flea markets and garage sales in a search for lunch boxes depicting popular shows and characters.
- She quickly packed up her food in the lunch box and sat upright, ready to face whatever happened next.
- Packing your child's lunch box is a task that should be done with care, say health experts.
- However, costly renovations to the building have postponed the purchase of lunch boxes to add to her collection.
- As for Chris, she was delighted with her new bag and lunch box, which she insisted on carrying even though they were heavier than her.
- Another way to show your love is in the presentation of what's in the lunch box.
2Computingcomputadora de sobremesa feminineordenador de sobremesa masculine Spain
3humorous(man's genitals)paquete masculine informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.