In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In contrast to lymph nodes, the thymus contains no lymph sinuses or afferent lymphatic vessels.
- The lymphatic system is a network of very fine vessels or tubes called lymphatics that drain lymph from all over the body.
- This injection also identifies the lymphatic basins, nodal areas, and respective lymph draining sites that are considered to be at risk for metastases.
- This includes cell salts, fatty tissue, lymph, red and white blood cells, two glands of the endocrine system and even the bones.
- The lymph drained from the small intestine has an additional function: it carries the fats absorbed from the food.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.