In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Manual drainage opens nonfunctioning lymphatic and venous connections and directs lymph through collateral vessels to adjacent normal lymphatics.
- Lymph nodes also contain efferent lymphatic vessels, which lack Factor VIII staining.
- These therapies involve turning patients at various angles to improve gas exchange, mobilization of secretions, and lymphatic drainage.
- You've got arterial venous vessels and the lymphatic vessels return fluid and debris and cells from the interstitial fluid around the vessels, back to the venous circulation.
- Lymphatic watersheds represent divisions between lymphatic drainage regions that drain in opposite directions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.