In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The most commonly reported malignancies are ovarian and gastric cancer, and lymphoma.
- At this point the differential diagnosis included thymoma, teratoma and lymphoma.
- Underlying conditions were more common among patients than in the control group, particularly AIDS related illness, metastatic cancers, and lymphomas or leukaemia.
- It is used to test for meningitis, lymphoma, leukemia, or other cancers of the brain or brain system.
- These cells are suspicious for several malignancies including lung cancer and lymphoma.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.