In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It had scores of documentary photographs of case studies and procedures, and was not nearly as macabre as it may sound.
- The macabre theme is emphasized by an Escher-inspired set where stairs lead up and down into unknown places.
- A perfect day had begun with a wedding reception in a marquee at the family home, but had ended with the most appalling and macabre tragedy.
- Over one hundred people were reportedly killed in this macabre death of dance.
- Isolation, fear, death, blood, the macabre, pain: this film has it all - and then some.
- Horrified at the realisation we are all drawn to the macabre.
- The story of secrecy, scientific ethics and national security is macabre, grisly and disturbing.
- Death at such an early age and in such a macabre manner seems so unfair.
- It's not gory, although it is quite macabre for quite a large portion of the plot.
- Modern pharmaceutical research is playing Dr Hart's law out on a macabre global scale.
- During a Halloween party, the Simpsons tell three horrifying tales of the macabre.
- As it is I feel like a killer, and it's more than a little macabre having a Chamber Of Death in the corner of the lounge.
- I didn't mind at all when Brenda called it macabre or morbid or whatever she said.
- I attended a spectacle which was comic, realistic, horrifying, macabre.
- Towards midnight a macabre scene of pain and death dominated the capital.
- And what happened next was 70 persons butchered and burnt in a macabre dance of death.
- Ms Taylor has spoken about how her daughter spent a lot of time in suicide chatrooms with a macabre obsession with death.
- The atmosphere it creates visualizes the most grim and macabre nature of the artist.
- The Archbishop Turpin, disturbed by this macabre turn of events, decided to examine the corpse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.