In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lavable a máquina
- It is totally machine washable and dryer safe, it stays put, it's as soft as flannel and it comes in kicky prints like leopard and rose petal.
- After a day of self-conscious wear I finally relax into the idea of a better fitting bra - you can't feel the insert and the bra is machine washable.
- Get one that's machine washable - and then wash it regularly.
- It would be very nice if they were machine washable.
- The hats are machine washable and carry a Sun Protection Factor of 50-plus.
- This flammable material disintegrates when subjected to drycleaning solvents, but is machine washable and dryable, nontoxic and can withstand the heat of a medium-hot iron.
- And one of the great things about the clothes is that they are all machine washable: even the fleece tops.
- You'll want to add several to your bedding collection because they are reasonably priced yet high quality and fully machine washable.
- A mix of trendy and traditional styles is available and the entire range is made from machine washable, minimum-iron fabrics with many featuring tough Teflon coating.
- The jeans are machine washable, but only once you've removed the iPod, you hopeless dolt.
- All the new fabrics are machine washable and many are strategically vented for comfort.
- Set on easy rolling and lockable wheels, the Sleepi includes a cover-all top mattress, a second mattress, a cover and moisture barrier sheet, all of which are machine washable and suitable for spin drying.
- Most acrylic fake furs are machine washable in cold water.
- The sheets and pillow cases are machine washable.
- While you might really like the color and style of a specific fabric, you need to make sure that it is machine washable.
- So I took the completely soaked in blanket out of the machine… it went swoosh and nearly flooded the laundry room… but I read the label and it DID say it was machine washable!
- They appeal to whoever does the washing because they are machine washable and require no ironing!
- Pillows (if not encased) and stuffed toys should be machine washable synthetic and should be washed in hot water at least monthly.
- It is machine washable and offered in sizes S - 4XL.
- The problem with metallics, however, is that they can't be dry-cleaned, nor are these hand-crafted costumes machine washable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.