In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her two-hour sunrise yoga sessions and macrobiotic diet (though hers appears to include wine and cheese) have been held up as instances of fussy obsessiveness.
- If a macrobiotic diet is healthy it is by accident, since foods are selected not for their physical or nutritional qualities, but for their metaphysical properties.
- What's the number one treat in the macrobiotic diet?
- Years ago, in fact, when Carol Channing was following a macrobiotic diet, she would show up in the best restaurants and fanciest homes with a little brown bag with her meal therein.
- The other problem is that the only other time she felt good about her body and weight was on a very strict macrobiotic diet.
- I wanted my body to devote itself to getting better, not digesting unhealthy food, so I worked out a diet based on macrobiotic and Ayurvedic principles and ate only organically grown food.
- I've followed a healthy macrobiotic diet for 10 years now, which means that I try to stick to fresh organic food and avoid dairy and meat.
- She practices yoga, keeps a macrobiotic diet, and is a devoted student of Kabbalah, a mystical form of Judaism, which predates organized religion.
- If you've been scared off Atkins, confused by the latest macrobiotic diet or are fed up with protein shakes, don't despair.
- Both in college and again in the eighties, I followed macrobiotic diets.
- Twenty-five years ago, when yoga was strictly for the bearded, and macrobiotic diets were not remotely fashionable, Kathy Phillips took up both.
- Like Gwyneth, she opted for a macrobiotic diet, in which no wheat, meat or dairy products are allowed.
- In addition, persons that are strict vegetarians or have macrobiotic diets may need vitamin B 12 supplements.
- Maybe it's her macrobiotic diet, or the pressures of being a young mother, or the fact that she's married to a man who writes nothing but dreary, whiny songs all the time.
- The macrobiotic diet contains whole foods that are extremely high in natural minerals and include: grains, beans, vegetables and sea vegetables, sea salt, and miso.
- Soft-shelled varieties, especially that called ‘Ma-Yuen’, are preferred for eating, for example in macrobiotic diets.
- Umm, there is nothing on the menu that fits a macrobiotic diet.
- Lower bone mineral content also was found in children who had consumed a macrobiotic diet compared with those who had not consumed a macrobiotic diet in the first six years of life.
- I went on a very strict macrobiotic diet and I didn't go out partying.
- The problem was that Eric decided to go on a macrobiotic diet to cleanse his system and he lost so much weight you could see his skull under his skin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.