In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The macrostructures disclosed the presence of equiaxed grains as well as areas of mixed grain structure.
- Most 3 - D imaging modalities are slow to acquire images and only show macrostructures within the living tissue instead of what is happening at the cellular level where drugs succeed or fail.
- This may not be fossilization as we know it, of large macrostructures, but fossilization at a molecular level.
- Their macrostructures are similar to those of present-day soils, with pseudo-anticlinal structures and cuspate structures comparable to those produced by the expansion and contraction of swelling clays.
- Amazingly, this response allows the wild-type oligomeric PSII structure and the granal membrane to be maintained, emphasizing the importance and robustness of the thylakoid macrostructure.
- In their chiral nematic states, the materials have a helical macrostructure which acts like a diffraction grating and selectively reflect light just like a compact disc does.
- As suggested above by Carr, however, there is not a clear, unambiguous macrostructure for the book; and this makes for a complex unity.
- The diffusion coefficients determined are then averaged over the macrostructure of the surrounding excited volume.
- Chapter 8 uses the ideas of complex nonlinear systems to help explain how a myriad of microinteractions (usually at the individual level) helps govern the activities of macrostructures.
- Freud gives the example of the army as an analogous macrostructure of supra-individual subjectivation.
- The term microstructure is used to characterize the fine structure of the skeletal material of which various skeletal macrostructures are constructed.
- To understand the self-assembly mechanism of a given oligopeptide, it is necessary to study the conditions under which the oligopeptides aggregate and further develop into macrostructures.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.