In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Swindon magistrates remanded him in custody and committed the case to crown court.
- Local residents should serve on juries in the upper courts and as lay magistrates in the lower courts.
- The Committee on District Courts establishes the number of magistrates in each district.
- At earlier hearings magistrates have had to order him to stay in the cells because of his outbursts in court.
- It is not a function of a committing magistrate to apply hearsay argument and exclude evidence.
- Noise began to arise from the court but the magistrate beckoned for silence.
- All the people who were arrested appeared before a special court set up by magistrates.
- The court heard he had been dealt with by Haverfordwest magistrates by way of a fine.
- The magistrate will listen to what the parties say and issue a written decision resolving the dispute.
- The magistrate found that the prosecution had not satisfied the onus of proof that was required.
- It is clear that the magistrates heard a great deal of factual evidence and had regard to that.
- In sentencing the magistrates said the offences were so serious that custody was the only option.
- The magistrates decided the offence so serious that the only option was a custodial sentence.
- They were convicted by the magistrates of obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty.
- Not all the versions they hear may be the same so the magistrates have to decide which one is the true story.
- The lawyers sit at the bar table facing the magistrate and the defendant sits with his or her lawyer.
- I noticed in the record that the magistrate did admit evidence of the other convictions.
- The government also plans a new youth court with a judge and two magistrates.
- The magistrate ordered he be remanded in custody to reappear in court next month.
- It was an unwritten rule in Lancashire that no active manufacturers could become magistrates.
juez que conoce de faltas y asuntos civiles de menor importancia
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.