In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Generally, magnesium, potassium, and sulfur do not need to be added to swine diets.
- This fruit is also rich in other mineral elements such as calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Calcium and magnesium in water create hard water, and high levels can clog pipes.
- Calcium and magnesium are among the most abundant elements on earth, so they are imbibed as drinking water and as milk.
- Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc are the major minerals that make up bones.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.