In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escuela financiada con fondos públicos concebida para atraer alumnos de diferentes áreas y grupos demográficos por sus mejores instalaciones y cursos
- Designated as a magnet school for voluntary desegregation, it attracts students from throughout the Chicago School District.
- Academies costing millions can easily become selective (as research into American magnet schools has shown) and drain the schools round about of talent and social muscle.
- I was teaching in a magnet school where middle school students could take three electives a quarter.
- The school is described as a ‘multilingual magnet school that focuses on language and cultural development and that offers a rigorous curriculum based on interdisciplinary units and critical thinking skills’.
- In 1983, at its third and present site, Inter-American became a magnet school for desegregation and had to absorb about 250 students although they were given the option of transferring to other schools.
- Because Davis is a magnet school, many parents and students consciously choose this model as their educational option.
- At the end of this year, the fifth year of the pilot, the school will be a total two-way bilingual immersion magnet school, financed primarily through the operational budget.
- The town enjoys first-rate transport links, magnet schools and one-of-a-kind shopping outlets.
- The students come from an unusually broad cross-section of education institutions - ranging from a magnet school famous for training elite scientific talent to inner-city schools.
- A blond, blue-eyed 7-year-old, Benjamin attends a Montessori magnet school just a block away from abandoned houses.
- And still another 13 percent of families has a choice among public schools, such as magnet schools, charter schools, and interdistrict choice programs.
- When one is visiting our magnet school for the arts, the first thing one might notice is the ‘mobile sculptures’ airily suspended in each of the four outdoor stairwells.
- In the past 20 years, Waldorf has become the largest private school movement in the world, and Waldorf methods are now being taken up by a growing number of homeschooling families and public charter and magnet schools throughout the US.
- She went to a top high school, a magnet school, in her area (she lived in poor rural western Virginia), went to an Ivy League university, did a master's program, and is now in law school in New York.
- The fact that Longfellow Elementary is a magnet school for Spanish and the fine arts, carries the assumption that students will become bilingual and will be well educated in the fine arts.
- I also went to a publicly-funded magnet school that selected boys at the age of 11 on the basis of IQ tests and gave them a chance to succeed.
- Harvard is a magnet school that recruits pupils from throughout the city.
- They are a magnet school for two disciplines: visual and performing arts, which encompasses art, drama and music; and physical education and sport science.
- Choice in the form of public magnet schools, charter schools, alternative schools, and the like is already expanding rapidly; the public is demanding it.
- The authors state that ‘the nature of public education is changing rapidly,’ and they mention the increase in the number of charter schools and magnet schools as examples.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.