In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(field/force/tape/north/storm) magnéticoGeography polo magnético masculine
- The cameras and magnetic strip readers were stuck to the ATMs and looked like original parts.
- With a magnetic belt capable of separating out the rebar iron from the concrete, it ground the concrete to gravel.
- What was wrong, you wondered, with those nice magnetic charts with stick on clouds and smiley sunshines?
- Based on diffusion theory, they calculated the magnetic particles in the glass to be about 1000 atoms across.
- He sees lots of possible uses, such as lubricants, semiconductors in flat-panel displays, and non-metallic magnetic materials.
- If you were carrying a hand-bearing compass you could have made a note of the other vessel's magnetic relative bearing and checked it again every few minutes.
- The new method entails the use of injectable magnetic fluids that would be capable of repairing all areas of the retina.
- The sample was under constant stirring with a magnetic bar during the measurements.
- We are currently planning a proper geological survey of as many magnetic mountains as possible.
- Basic research into the electrical and thermal properties of metallic, magnetic and organic materials is leading to the discovery of novel superconductors.
- Path comes and goes, compass bearing is 255 degrees magnetic.
- When I spoke to Howse on the telephone I was not aware that the magnetic powder had to stick to the insect because it was not described in the newspaper article.
- And the dozens of Atlantis exercise machines each sport a small magnetic plaque with a verse of scripture.
- His magnetic boots stuck to the floor a bit longer than a normal shoe would have, but then again, with normal shoes, Patrick would be floating.
- The small magnetic key slid into the ignition slot and completed the battery-powered engine circuit.
- If you don't, gluing may be a little troublesome as not many types of glue will stick to the magnetic material very well.
- Of course, no silent operation is possible at this fan rotation speed, even though it is built with magnetic bearings.
- In addition all the electric motors are of low magnetic material content and have compensated stray fields.
- When geomagnetic activity is low, the aurora typically is located, in the hours around midnight, at about 67 degrees magnetic latitude.
- My friends and colleagues who are interested in alignments say they keep finding things which point towards either 125 degrees magnetic or to its diametric opposite (125+180= 305).
- His heavy anti-radiation suit made it a bit hard to move, but the magnetic shoes stuck him to the surface like glue.
- Below a big art nouveau mirror there's a gas fire with a magnetic piper stuck to it, an indication of his Scottish roots.
- The material, being a mixture rather than a compound, retains the transparent and lightweight properties of the aerogel, as well as the magnetic properties of the magnetic particles.
- In the 1990's many women began to create photo albums that were more than simply photos stuck in magnetic albums.
- When you combine all this glamour with their high intelligence and magnetic personalities, your dog will be the envy of the neighborhood.
- By everyone's account, he was an exceptionally bright and perceptive child with a magnetic personality.
- He had the looks, the magnetic charmed personality, access to money, and the power to take whatever he wanted, often without question or repercussion.
- There was some magnetic force pulling me toward him - as though we were in the eye of a tornado, pushing us closer and closer together.
- In reality, the combination in a woman of a charming or magnetic personality and even moderate good looks often makes her appear far more attractive than a woman who is considered outright beautiful.
- But beneath that magnetic charm lies a hard core of determination and inner strength.
- From every act, from every word of the persona he has presented to the camera since the early 1970s, there emanates at once a mediocrity and a magnetic allure.
- He already has won over teammates with his magnetic personality.
- The guy has been called magnetic, mesmerizing, captivating, sharply political and, most importantly, fun.
- In fact, David Hasselhoff is a man of such magnetic charisma that women literally throw themselves out of high-storey windows to attract his attention.
- His magnetic personality has the capacity to enchant fellow men.
- If you can break away from the magnetic pull of the music, visit the excellent, almost impromptu street markets which spring up at different hours in different daily locations.
- In the end, the magnetic pull of opera is strong even to those who, unlike MacMillan, are not openly ‘fascinated by the make-believe world of the opera’.
- One could feel the magnetic pull of the Bay Area from 150 miles away, as traffic thickened in the standing heat.
- There was something about Isabelle's personality that was magnetic - people were just drawn to her, including Corey.
- Despite her vehement decision to completely ignore Scott Pearce for the evening, a kind of magnetic pull forced Danielle to turn and look at him.
- He was reminded of the previous night's events and glanced curiously to the window, a magnetic force pulling his head in that direction.
- Tigers are alluring animals and stories about them always have a magnetic appeal.
- He was a magnetic coach who attracted hundreds of acolytes.
- My siblings all had magnetic personalities and made friends easily, but I didn't.
2(charm/attraction) magnético(personality) lleno de magnetismo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.