In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Opticsaumento masculinethe lens has a magnification of … — la lente tiene un aumento de …
- The thinner the tissue section is, the higher the magnification and resolution of structural detail possible.
- The notation of section thickness on a microscope slide informs the observer of the approximate level of magnification most suitable for examination of the tissue section.
- If you could see the universe through a microscope with enough magnification to make an atom look as big as a galaxy, you would find, perhaps, that its smallest elements are not particles like electrons or quarks, but wiggly bits of string.
- The scrapings are placed directly on a microscope slide and viewed under magnification for the presence of characteristic Sarcoptes scabiei mite's eggs or faecal pellets.
- Magnification was 50x and a micrometer was photographed with each roll of film to verify magnification after film processing.
- This is an excellent test specimen for comparing magnification and assessing any distortion in the image field.
- Each virtual slide contains high and low magnifications, with the ability to change magnification or view multiple focal planes at any location on the slide, not just preselected areas.
- The flowering time was scored when the flower bud was first visible without manipulation or magnification.
- The most obvious way in which we can escape from the physical limitations of our eyes is to employ a microscope, magnifying glass, or optical telescope to improve magnification and resolution.
- Over the 24-hr period of growth, GR5 ascospores germinated and formed small colonies visible without magnification.
- It's like looking at sound under a microscope, the more magnification that is applied the more the details reveal themselves.
- At low power magnification, entire radial stem sections were imaged and the area stained by the safranin determined relative to the total amount of xylem tissue.
- While they don't pick up fine little crosshairs or even dot reticles as fast as they used to, they still appreciate good magnification and fine optics.
- The angular magnification of any optical system can be obtained from the system matrix for the system.
- This allows one to zoom in and out, by adjusting the magnification of the image.
- They can vary in size from needing high power magnification in order to see them to being readily recognizable on low power.
- Supernova from Dolphin Software offers full screen reading in speech and Braille with integrated magnification and works on any of the supported Windows platforms.
- High magnification supplemented by instrumental analysis can identify these Western modifications.
- Based on J. Robert Oppenheimer's theories of quantum mechanics, as well as on Ruska's groundbreaking research, the field emission microscope allowed magnification up to two million times.
- A full-featured screen magnifier comes with many options and can reach high levels of magnification.
2(copy, photograph)ampliación feminine
- A projection device produces images of the master on the copy material at different magnifications.
- This is a 4X magnification of the original image.
- In Berning´s latest exhibitions, various work complexes from the past decade appear alongside medializations of the masterpiece - in catalogs, in libraries, on postcards of artworks, in each case alienated by means of a magnification of the original work or a return to the creative moment of the painting.
- That is, unlike other spontaneous-drip artists, Pollock created canvases with a single dominant pattern that is repeated, at various magnifications, throughout.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.