In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In another section of the palace, are the rooms used by the maharanis of Bharatpur and Mysore.
- It is in the next generation that Moore's story really comes into its own, with the maharanis, rather than their husbands, in the foreground.
- Using the best local materials and reviving traditional techniques, Abu and Sandeep re-create an India of rajahs and maharanis for Bollywood and Hollywood's elite.
- His warm acknowledgements thank a maharani, two princesses, various lords and ladies and a host of worthwhile experts, but never mention the unacknowledged and unnamed photographers whose skill helped to make his book special.
- The Maharani's name is Chimna Bai Gaekwar, and she is the Prince's second wife.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.