In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(practice)buzoneo masculinemailing masculine
- It also enjoys great support from an army of volunteers who help out throughout the year, doing a variety of unglamorous tasks such as mail-outs.
- Volunteers make personal phone calls to each family of an activated military member, help compile and prepare mail-outs to family members, and help out with special events for family members.
- Mass mail-outs are then sent out to attract support, disseminate information and rebuke what is considered propaganda.
- Professionally designed, corporate promotional material such as flyers, leaflets, posters, adverts and mail-outs can help attract new customers and also help retain old ones.
- The number of respondents who replied to the mail-out survey was 16 per cent, less than one in six.
- We have taken extra precautions to make sure that the information cannot be made available to people who want to use it for bulk mail-outs and other advertising that is just a nuisance and an annoyance to people.
- No matter how threatened by crime, neighbours cannot be press-ganged into supporting any security endeavour, which should be launched only after some attempt to hold a town meeting or a mass mail-out, electronic or paper.
- Two weeks after the second mail-out, a third questionnaire was sent by certified mail and phone calls were made to determine willingness to participate.
- We'll be looking at what we can do in terms of mail-outs and pamphlets to our members and to the wider community.
- We apologise to the customer concerned, but it was quite a large mail-out so must be seen in perspective.
- Altogether, 198 questionnaires were returned for a response rate of roughly 12% or nearly 11% among those who received the mail-out.
- The response rate from mail-outs to potential customers on the database is also impressive, running at around 38%.
- I suggest it was a mistake to do the mail-out on the 13 th February.
- For mail-outs, envelopes should be pre-packaged with your literature - we will add mailing labels and appropriate stamping.
- Carter added that the feature greatly reduces the need for hard-copy mail-outs of the service record, thereby saving the Navy hundreds of thousands of dollars in postage.
- White relied heavily on three costly mail-outs of the same brochure.
- The second mail-out, sent one week after the advance-notice letter, included a personalized letter, a short survey, and a stamped, addressed return envelope.
- One other thing you can do with Plaxo is to send a mail-out to your address book requesting that people update their own details.
- In the Resources Department we need assistance with research and administration for fundraising, sponsored events, mail-outs and administration of our photo library.
- Local, regional and national awareness of Odd Gallery programming continues to increase with regular coverage by local and regional news media and mail-outs, and recent coverage in Canadian Art magazine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.