In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1venta por correo feminineI bought it by / on mail order — lo compré por correo
- before noun mail-order catalog — catálogo de venta por correo
- mail-order firm — compañía de venta por correo
- Many of the forcing jars available today at florist shops or via mail-order catalogues are reproductions of famous designs from the Victorian era or earlier.
- The hits people want to hear them play are freely available second-hand, in mail-order collections, and fairly cheaply in record shops.
- We ordered our Christmas turkey today from Kelly Turkeys, mail order.
- Order daffodil and tulip bulbs from mail order suppliers for planting this autumn.
- Aquilegias can be raised from seed with a good choice of popular types easily available by mail order from seed companies.
- The birth of these small mail-order companies grew into today's wholesale businesses.
- One of the things many mail-order retailers offer is a selection of bulbs that aren't available everywhere.
- This year the tubers will be offered in the centre's mail order catalogue.
- In the past I have always been impressed with any food I have ordered via mail order.
- You can also order jujube trees from several mail-order nurseries.
- Jill is building up the number of galleries stocking her work and hopes to be able to sell her ceramics by mail order catalogue soon.
- As the twentieth century wore on, railroads and mail-order catalogs supplanted the country stores.
- Bulbs are widely available this month in retail nurseries and mail-order catalogs.
- There are a selection of less expensive bears too, all available by mail order.
- In addition to local nurseries, hostas are available from several mail-order nurseries.
- Purchase wood veneer at craft stores and through woodworking mail-order catalogs.
- I would suggest mail order and specialist computer magazines as your initial marketing channels.
- Mushroom kits that provide spawn and detailed instructions are available through mail order.
- The products are only available by mail order from Pippa's Natural Healthcare Clinic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.