In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1oración principal feminine
- Also not considered here are the various options that exist when the embedded clause functions as the subject of the main clause.
- E. E. Cummings, though, can stand as the subject of a main clause with no preceding adjunct, which makes him much easier to talk about.
- It's part of a pair of coordinated subjunctive main clauses.
- The clause in question is a simple modifier of the main clause.
- Now, we can take each of these structures, replace (the word) them with whom, and embed the whole thing in a main clause in which some noun phrase is to be non-restrictively modified by the structure we've created.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.