In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plato principal masculineplato fuerte masculinesegundo plato masculine
- By the end, you'll have mastered one starter, two pasta dishes, two main courses and one dessert.
- I had four starters, five main courses, one vegetable dish, two accompaniments and two desserts.
- We decided to choose a three-course meal, including a main course from the carvery, for £18 each.
- There were also extremely long intervals between individual salads and main courses and the desserts also took an inexplicably long time to arrive.
- Meat and fish main courses were exemplary and made imaginative use of local ingredients.
- The restaurant serves antipasto dishes and main courses with pasta or risotto.
- They will be making lemon pepper chicken for the main course and banana and lemon cake for the dessert.
- The Thai entrées include main courses, desserts and vegetarian meals, with the calorie count identified on each package.
- There are no pork dishes as a main course and the fish soup is made without shellfish.
- In fact different kinds of bread made in different ways accompanied the main course at meals.
- If our starters were a splendid beginning to our meal, the main courses were even better.
- She promptly ordered a tuna steak for her main course while I busied myself with the wine list.
- The main courses that anchor the meal can be divided into a variety of types in addition to the simple grills and roasts that are as popular in Mexico as anywhere else.
- The darker evenings have succeeded in pointing me towards more substantial main courses, deeper flavours and a bit of long, slow cooking at the weekend.
- The variety of food is extremely wide - from salads, cold and hot starters and pizzas to main courses of lamb, pork, chicken, or fish.
- You cannot eat Boston cream pie as your main course and then have lettuce for dessert and claim you are on a diet!
- The dishes will then be delivered at home five times a day, which includes main courses, drinks, vegetables, fruit, dim sum and Chinese herbs.
- We have a huge range of dishes, from appetisers to soups, to main courses, European dishes and side orders.
- In addition to all the standard pizza and pasta dishes, there were main courses of veal, lamb, chicken, pork and beef to choose from, plus fish dishes and even grills.
- Add a rice vegetable salad to round out the main course and top off the meal with an irresistible chocolate dessert.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.