In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1unidad central feminineunidad principal femininecomputadora central feminineordenador central masculine Spain
- IBM has tried to keep customers interested by adding Linux support to its mainframe boxes.
- IBM has shuffled a huge chunk of its mainframe support operations off to South Africa in a bid to cut costs.
- You may be able to cut the energy mainframes use but a lot of energy is still required to cool the machines.
- Thirteen years ago, three airlines pooled their mainframe computing systems and created Worldspan.
- Firms such as IBM could sell a mainframe computer for just under £½ million pounds in today's money.
- On its higher end Unix and mainframe systems, IBM uses in-house technology for these types of tasks.
- That $10,000 was an unprecedented value compared with the cost of mainframes and minicomputers.
- There are over 140,000 employees and over 3500 people on PCs and mainframes that I support.
- IBM brings mainframe scalability to open systems platforms.
- All data were entered into a SAS database using the mainframe computer at UNMC.
- Unless you are using a mainframe computer, the level of risk to data loss and theft from unauthorized access is growing daily.
- In those days, mainframe computers were coming into usage and electronic calculators were also just appearing.
- The new offering is designed for those who want to stay with their mainframe systems.
- Despite the proliferation of computers of every size, mainframes still house most of the world's data.
- An aging mainframe system was left untouched, instead of being replaced.
- IBM mainframe computers proved to have more than four-year lives, but not by much.
- Of course, it helps that mainframes have full-time technicians available to keep them up and running.
- The new Unix boxes and Fujitsu mainframe systems are to incorporate the same architecture, the company says.
- Terabytes of storage residing on tape is more economical than residing on mainframes in open systems.
- IBM was at that time the largest supplier of mainframe computer systems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.