1vela mayor feminine
- While the mainsail provides a large portion of power, it also affects the boat's directional control.
- As the galley righted itself, another wave struck from the other side, and the ship heeled over so far its mainsail almost touched the water.
- These mainsails are the more traditional mainsail cut with short length battens and slab reefing.
- These days, the majority of new mainsails are designed with a loose-footed arrangement.
- Hornblower watched as both ships backed the mainsails, turned the helm hard over, and took up the prescribed position.