In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in army)(este grado tiene diversos equivalentes en Latinoamérica, entre ellos brigadier mayor, mayor general, y teniente general) general de división masculine
- The four will be commissioned as Army major generals for an approximate two-year term while serving intermittently in this role.
- Rabuka, then an army major general, led two military coups in 1987 and ruled the country for 12 years.
- It is the only known diary of a major general commanding a division in the Allied Expeditionary Force.
- By 1942, Frank is a major general in command of a division, but loses his life in an airplane crash.
- All ranks of lieutenant general, major general and brigadier general are staffed by men.
- Hicks was promoted from brigadier to major general before a gathering of more than 500 family, friends and co-workers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.