In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The descriptions of the majuscule transcriptions are identical with those in the majuscule area of the site.
- It was an angular majuscule script, often written without breaks between words or with words separated by dots.
- Upper and lower case come from typesetting (the letters were kept in two cases, majuscule letters were kept in the upper case, the others in the lower case.
- The majuscule letter V symbolizes a daughter of the Mother Goddess or the Mother Goddess as a virgin.
- A capital ‘I’ as exampled at line-initial position and with obvious intention to produce a majuscule form.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.