In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The networks, of course, don't really care about how easy it is for phone makers to design phones.
- This means generic drug makers can legitimately produce cheaper copycat versions of the drugs.
- In the latter case they were usually standard commercial products of the panel maker.
- He praised the fridge makers for allowing recycling to become just another cost of manufacturing.
- The handset makers have been instrumental in various moves designed to accelerate uptake of Java.
- Increased competition from generic drug makers have hit sales of their patented products.
- It's likely to include some author of programme maker plugging their wares at some point.
- So watch out all you mobile phone makers, all you console vendors, all you PC producers.
- If demand were normal, motherboard makers wouldn't be bothered about a high inventory.
- The antivirus software maker blamed unsold inventory and a general sales slowdown for the slump.
- Sound of Music is a one man show - there are no producers or tea makers, just me and my music.
- If it is applicable, it results in a contract being construed against its maker.
- Neither the Mac maker nor chip manufacturer have commented on the claim.
- Since then, chip makers have been scaling back production, and inventories have fallen.
- Tape deck manufacturers, cassette makers, etc. all pay up and have been doing so for years.
- Is it more like a rubber stamp of approval for anything the vaccine makers want as a required vaccine?
- And the car maker has taken up the challenge by designing a vehicle with women in mind.
- The court, however, has chided the software maker for failing to produce much in the way of evidence at all.
- The strategy switch came as Dataquest issued a warning to PC makers not to get stuck with inventory.
- We're trying to find the origin of the maker and also the end user of these products.
2Maker(God)Creador masculineHacedor masculineMaker of heaven and earth — Creador del cielo y de la tierra
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.