In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Since then, chip makers have been scaling back production, and inventories have fallen.
- We're trying to find the origin of the maker and also the end user of these products.
- The handset makers have been instrumental in various moves designed to accelerate uptake of Java.
- It's likely to include some author of programme maker plugging their wares at some point.
- The antivirus software maker blamed unsold inventory and a general sales slowdown for the slump.
- Neither the Mac maker nor chip manufacturer have commented on the claim.
- So watch out all you mobile phone makers, all you console vendors, all you PC producers.
- In the latter case they were usually standard commercial products of the panel maker.
- Is it more like a rubber stamp of approval for anything the vaccine makers want as a required vaccine?
- The networks, of course, don't really care about how easy it is for phone makers to design phones.
- If demand were normal, motherboard makers wouldn't be bothered about a high inventory.
- Increased competition from generic drug makers have hit sales of their patented products.
- Sound of Music is a one man show - there are no producers or tea makers, just me and my music.
- And the car maker has taken up the challenge by designing a vehicle with women in mind.
- If it is applicable, it results in a contract being construed against its maker.
- The strategy switch came as Dataquest issued a warning to PC makers not to get stuck with inventory.
- Tape deck manufacturers, cassette makers, etc. all pay up and have been doing so for years.
- The court, however, has chided the software maker for failing to produce much in the way of evidence at all.
- He praised the fridge makers for allowing recycling to become just another cost of manufacturing.
- This means generic drug makers can legitimately produce cheaper copycat versions of the drugs.
2(God)Maker — Creador
- Maker of heaven and earth — Creador del cielo y de la tierra
- she has gone to meet her Maker — Dios la ha llamado a su seno / a su lado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.