In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1malaria femininepaludismo masculine(tablet) contra la malaria(tablet) contra el paludismo
- Fever or malaria remained the second most important cause of death throughout the recall period.
- Small changes in the distribution of malaria may therefore expose large numbers of people to infection.
- Tuberculosis and malaria are the two major causes of illness and death in the nation.
- Japanese researchers may have discovered how to block an essential step in the transmission of malaria.
- Preventable diseases such as malaria and diarrhea and cholera are a major killer.
- Others die as the result of completely avoidable diseases such as malaria and diarrhoea.
- With thousands of bodies lying on streets there was a risk of malaria and dengue fever.
- It has been known for some time that some mosquitoes transmit malaria, while others do not.
- These mutations and their impact on the epidemiology of malaria are described below.
- Adults with malaria who grew up in parts of Africa where malaria is endemic are common in our intensive care unit.
- The result of this was a significant increase in cases of malaria and dengue fever.
- We found limited evidence linking number of mosquito bites and risk of malaria.
- The threats of malaria and diarrhoeal diseases will only further increase with the onset of rains.
- The majority of the people she sees are suffering from malaria, tuberculosis and skin diseases.
- Most people get malaria by being bitten by an infected female Anopheles mosquito.
- In tropical and sub-tropical areas, malaria is one of the world's biggest killers.
- Tony Campolo said that response is like trying to get rid of malaria by killing mosquitoes.
- Fixed dose drugs have proved successful in treating malaria and tuberculosis.
- More heat will also mean the spread of water-borne diseases such as malaria.
- Benign tertian malaria may not be seen until several years after arrival.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.