In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You know nothing of love, since all you promote is hatred and malevolence.
- They have malevolence in their darkest thoughts.
- No cache of arms has been found, no plans for future malevolence.
- This takes Kerry several steps past merely being a sore loser, and into spiteful malevolence.
- A plan formulated inside his mind and his eyes filled with hatred and malevolence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.