In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(defective functioning)mal funcionamiento masculinedue to brake malfunction — debido al mal funcionamiento de los frenos
- heart/liver malfunction — disfunción cardíaca/hepática
- The most common reasons given by airlines for delayed flights were engine malfunction and inappropriate on-board service facilities.
- There were no malfunctions of any kind with any of the ball or duty loads.
- Doc said it could be a major malfunction in his digestive tract, requiring surgery.
- If you are the flight engineer, notify the pilot of any engine malfunction.
- I've got a couple of equipment malfunctions which I'm struggling with.
- There were no malfunctions of any kind, which is hardly surprising.
- Remember that institutions must file a report with the FDA whether device malfunction or user error causes injury.
- Inevitably somebody gets killed unless there is a technical malfunction with the bomb or a little luck.
- There seemed to be some sort of electrical malfunction, some sort of short circuit.
- There is a lot of stress involved in a diversion due to technical malfunction.
- Eventually we learned the crash was caused by a mechanical malfunction, but the law still stands.
- I told tower we had to troubleshoot a minor malfunction.
- Will operation in environments with significantly higher ambient temperatures cause a pump malfunction?
- The navy announces a submarine has suffered a malfunction but says it only has been missing for one day.
- Multiple cables connected these components and would frequently fail or come loose causing system malfunctions.
- As a result, many suffered major mechanical malfunctions during the battle.
- The power failure was caused by an equipment malfunction at about 9pm on Monday night.
- I scolded myself for not noticing this while we were troubleshooting the actual malfunction.
- Equipment malfunctions may result from poor design, incomplete qualification, or calibration or maintenance issues.
- The cause of the disaster was described as a " mechanical malfunction".
2(failure)falla femininefallo masculine Spain
- A backup recorder also is helpful in case one machine malfunctions.
- That progress ended when the pump malfunctioned.
- The system also provides a full set of alarms if the system is malfunctioning.
- It was only later that tests revealed he had suffered a minor heart attack, possibly in the hours before his machine malfunctioned.
- A radiation therapy device malfunctioned, delivering lethal radiation doses at several medical facilities.
- In North Carolina's 2002 general election, six touch-screen machines malfunctioned and deleted 436 electronic ballots.
- She tried to back up, but the bike's propulsion systems were malfunctioning.
- She tried pulling it back up, and it started to shake through the air, several turbine engines malfunctioned.
- When a propeller malfunctions, it gets everyone's attention.
- Maybe the computer malfunctioned and sealed everyone in for no reason at all?
- Then the thought of all the other machines malfunctioning came into his mind.
- She also has a history of electronic equipment malfunctioning in her presence.
- But last night, for the second time in six months, my home computer malfunctioned.
- The investigations that we undertook concluded that there was no evidence to indicate the valve had malfunctioned.
- If a locking device is malfunctioning, contact the management office immediately.
- But before her dignity had a chance to recover, her wardrobe malfunctioned.
- Customers were annoyed when the boxes ran out of papers or the coin mechanism malfunctioned, as it often did.
- An elevator had malfunctioned, setting off the alarm, he explained.
- Only if the machine malfunctions should there be these manual counts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.