- The dried or fresh flowers and leaves of high mallow and dwarf mallow are used as food and medicine.
- Other locals include yarrow, pussytoes, mallow, cudweed, meadowsweet, and chickweed.
- Rose mallow can be distinguished from marsh mallow mainly by the leaves and the size of the flowers.
- The look is deliberately natural, with an emphasis on indigenous plants such as swamp mallow and drought-tolerant ornamental grasses.
- My parents are buried in a garden I made in Water Mill, the graves two unmarked stones, surrounded by Montauk daisies and pink mallow.