In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(grain)malta femininebefore noun malt extract — extracto de malta masculine
- malt vinegar — vinagre de malta
- We couldn't get real ale here, so we had to make it from British malts and hops.
- Head brewer Don Bracher used a special blend of malts and hops to create the 4.5 per cent ABV brew.
- I have even consulted for a number of breweries in Scotland when they were having difficulties with the malts.
- Ice cream, followed by wholesome milk, malt, syrup and beaters, was lowered into a tall beaker.
- Lagers generally have purer malt and hop characteristics.
- It is already producing two beers, each made using a secret recipe of malts, yeast and hops, giving them a unique flavour and aroma.
- The malt's bouquet slowly presents a range of dry, tantalizing aromas, including nuts, honey and grain.
- Dodson's beers are produced from a blend of malts, good water and New Zealand-grown hops from Motueka near Nelson.
- If you're feeling adventurous, go for a rauchbier, a German-style beer made with malts dried over beechwood fire.
- English Halcyon malts are used together with lager malts.
- In these pages we share with you the fruits of our labors and the grapes and malts we paired them with.
- So your best bets are brown rice syrup and barley malt, which are higher in nutrient content and are metabolized more slowly than white sugar.
- This malt exhibits the distinct ‘grassiness’ often associated with European Pilsner malts.
- It is named after a popular local coastal area and made up with genuine ale yeast and malts to help bring out the ‘old style’ ale flavours.
- In 1366 he was exporting large quantities of grain, barley, malt, and ale, and in 1382 a large number of woolfells.
- Ale was usually brewed in the lord's household, utilising barley malt, though malted wheat or even oats are recorded.
- Most barley is used in animal feed or for the production of barley malt for making beer.
- It's brewed using five different specialty malts and two hop varieties to produce this distinctive continental styled brew.
- Similar in taste to molasses, barley malt may be cut with other sweeteners to lighten its intense flavor.
- According to German law, beer can only be brewed using barley, malt, hops, yeast and water - no nasty chemicals are allowed.
2whisky de malta masculinesingle malt whisky — whisky de malta sin mezclar masculine
3(milkshake)batido de leche malteada masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.