(black nurse)(with masculine article in the singular) ama negra feminine
2(mother)mami feminine informal
- ‘But while that helped a lot, it's clear that a lot of the mammies and daddies voted for me as well,’ he says.
- If you have a recipe you would like to share, an exciting discovery of your own, a childhood memory of something your mammy, granny, dad or any other culinary expert in your family served up in days gone by, please pass it on.
- Among those feeling slightly upset at the thought of being separated from his mammy was little Aidan Gammon, from Viewmount.
- So if you re going to college, do as your mammy says and be good.
- His mammy is going to buy him a lot of wire brushes for the job!
- Baltinglass hairdresser Maureen Plant was given the onerous task of taking the blade to Aileen's hair, while Aileen's son Caleb also took his opportunity to remove his mammy's hair.
- She helped her mammy to plant flowers in the garden.
- In the end we have to summon my mother, who comes charging down Maryhill Road bearing cash, credit cards and that look women get when they are reminded that even 35-year-olds still need their mammy.
- And I'd like to thank my mammy and everyone who sacrificed so much to bring me to this great moment.
- Even in the face of overwhelming odds James chatted to his mammy and daddy over the five days in hospital and one of the last things he asked for was a bar of chocolate.
- Sarah wants to be a nurse like her mammy, Vera, who works in the hospital in Portlaoise.
- All of our mammies receive a special prize at the end of every show.
- All around the hall were the mammies, daddies, grannies, grandads, sisters, brothers and friends of the dancers and, a sign of the times, I spotted more than one camcorder!
- ‘I know Mark Feehily is dying to get home and tuck into his mammy's turkey and cranberry sauce,’ Kian said.
- And finally, last Sunday March 16, my mammy celebrated her 80th birthday.
- Her mammy and daddy, Margaret and PJ, along with her brothers Ross and Derek wished Kayleigh a very happy birthday.
- Look beyond the superficial similarities and you will see that he, as evidenced by this quote from a poem, had no respect for his mammy either.
- Then daddies and mammies and their little ones would visit grandparents with presents and a wonderful family time of reunion was experienced by so many people.
- And the wives, girlfriends and mammies would be happier.
- Robert's sisters, Louise and Chloe, along with his mammy and daddy, Paula and Tony, wish Robert a happy birthday.