In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hora hombre feminine500 man-hours — 500 horas hombre
- It currently takes around 500 man-hours to create a Rolls-Royce.
- My understanding is that this will involve countless man-hours and an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys, so it could take a while.
- ‘We spend approximately 110 man-hours on each chassis that we get in,’ Watson says.
- By building a mathematical pattern of his probable future movements, Rosso claimed, the software could succeed where thousands of police man-hours had failed.
- Configuring software on our servers used to take 120 man-hours.
- About 300,000 man-hours have gone into restoring the bomber that was a technological wonder of its day, McNally said.
- The use of containers significantly reduces the number of man-hours required to move and account for the items within the containers.
- He said there was an increase of about 20% in police man-hours dedicated to the Easter period than last year.
- A map could take thousands upon thousands of man-hours to build.
- Astronauts will undertake 1,920 man-hours of space-walks.
- We put in at least 35 man-hours per every flight hour.
- The project took over 50,000 man-hours, spread over six years and over 800 data entry and editing professionals.
- This has disrupted production and service provision and resulted in loss of man-hours as workers stage industrial actions.
- It eventually took 90 tonnes of steelwork, 150 tonnes of concrete and 100,000 man-hours of labour to restore.
- Orders have been placed with 38 companies and the estimated work content was 3.6 million man-hours.
- The program calculates your needed man-hours and the available man-hours, and then compares the two, showing you how many man-hours you are over, or under.
- Modifications to compensation plans once required hundreds of man-hours and manual revisions to hundreds of spreadsheets.
- In order to complete the proposed work 600 voluntary man-hours will need to be invested over the next 3-4 months.
- Even though millions of pounds and thousands of valuable man-hours have been wasted on these endless meetings, a conclusion will never be reached.
- Those volunteers have provided over 150,000 man-hours of volunteer labor to the effort, Feeney estimated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.