In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Businessdirección feminineadministración femininegestión feminine(techniques/consultant) de administración de empresas(techniques/consultant) de gestión de empresas[ S ]under new management — cambio de firma
- she's studying management — está estudiando administración de empresas
- management chart — organigrama administrativo / de gestión
- management committee — comité directivo
- management services — servicios administrativos / de administración
- management trainee — directiva en formación
- The benefit of the new system is that it gives managements the opportunity to make a few corrections and go on again.
- He said it was the responsibility of the hospital management to address issues such as a lack of beds.
- Was the outcry following his appointment based on his management skills or the fact that he wasn't English?
- The managements of big industries adopt the concept to improve the quality of work in workplaces.
- Of concern to fisheries managements and anglers is the decline in the numbers of salmon returning to rivers.
- There is a financial advantage as well, the hotel managements claim.
- Many of the 42 college managements have been shown to be indifferent, incompetent or, in some of the worst cases, plain corrupt.
- It was also an operational failure, and thus a failure for which management must take responsibility.
- After all, management teams have clear responsibility for ensuring capital is effectively husbanded.
- It helped to develop their management skills in terms of communication, leadership and motivating people.
- It must be hoped the intensity and responsibility that management will bring will not impinge on his performances.
- As of now, the managements seem to be calling the shots.
- In fact, it can be a great way to develop management skills - for you or for your employees.
- Even when these managements showed losses in productive companies, nobody talked about their inefficiency.
- Views such as this were expressed at a contest for management professionals organised in the city on Tuesday.
- The ban has landed the circus managements in a tricky situation as they can neither use them for the shows nor abandon them.
- However, none of the printing press managements seem to have chosen to obey this directive.
- Shareholders get the boards and managements they deserve.
- The responsibilities of management and directors also raise concern with regard to privacy and security.
- This group includes the top managements of leading hotels in Chonburi including Pattaya.
- The Commission was given direct management responsibility in a number of areas.
- Hairdressers are not generally associated with having a keen business sense or management skills.
- Recently, the Director of Matriculation Schools has sent letters to the managements to end the practice.
- She can be certain that Gowers has both the journalistic and management skills for the job.
- Whatever the final cost, it will be a high price for many managements.
- The course is run over a four week programme involving management and organisational skills.
- Risk management is rapidly becoming the most important issue for boards and managements of public companies.
- Where, asked a journalist pithily, is the space where newspaper owners and managements can be held to account?
- Stakeholders need to focus on the key skills that directly support management decisions.
- And why should well-managed companies bail out incompetent managements?
- Thus, it was clear that it had been drafted in collusion with the managements, he added.
- The same management team is responsible for the control of these operations.
- Initially they were given loans though most were not doing well as they lacked management skills.
- Several managements are now consulting security firms for insulation from product theft.
- Local companies had good technical expertise but lacked management skills and operating capital.
- Evidence from our surveys shows poor management skills and minimum work conditions are the industry norms.
- It is often at the point of taking on extra management responsibility that any semblance of work-life balance is lost.
- Safety reports have shown that management failures are responsible in most cases.
- The father of five is set on a civilian career in leadership and management training, it is understood.
- Some have returned, bringing money and, equally important, new ideas and management skills.
1.2(handling, control)gerencia femininegerenciamiento masculinepersonnel management — administración de personal feminine
- The diagnosis of diabetes will almost certainly focus attention on more active management of these risk factors in the future.
- This book takes a good look at the process of color management and the theory behind it.
- Such a move sticks out, as people have lined up to slam his management of the complicated process.
- It is becoming a model for environmental management and control.
- General management of the arthritic process is important, with physiotherapy to prevent joint contracture.
- The return of this bill to the House is a welcome step toward a better process for resource management in New Zealand.
- It actually switches the business model from sale of a chemical to management of a chemical process throughout the lifecycle.
- Remember that management, like any other skill, is something that you can improve at with study and practice.
- Instead it had a broader, ecological meaning: the maintenance and management of entire natural processes.
- If party managers had been looking to conventions as a process of crowd management it was soon clear that it was not such a simple matter.
- It is important to remember that risk management is used throughout a program's life cycle.
- Some of the Audit Commission's work has focused specifically on the process of management.
- It also now provides courses on environmental management, photography and painting.
- They have achieved that through sound business dealings and good management.
- But the impulses towards risk management and social control trump such wishes.
- As a result, environmental management plays a larger role in the food industry.
- It is a critical activity for land management and environmental change research.
- State level officers were also trained in management and financial processes.
- This can only be done through a fair and open process of performance management.
- Unions have proven to be useful at assisting the process of sensible party management.
2.1(as group)directivos masculinemanagement and workers — los directivos / la patronal y los trabajadores
- senior management — altos cargos
- middle management — cuadros (inter)medios
2.2(of particular company)dirección femininegerencia femininethe managements of the clubs — las (juntas) directivas de los clubes
- a management decision — una decisión de la dirección / gerencia
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.