In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine directorfeminine directoramasculine gerentefeminine gerentemasculine encargadofeminine encargadamasculine administradorfeminine administradorafeminine managerSport entrenador masculineSport entrenadora femininemasculine entrenadorfeminine entrenadoramasculine director técnico Latin Americafeminine directora técnica Latin Americaexport/production/publicity manager — directora de exportaciones/producción/publicidad feminine
- before noun branch manager — directora de sucursal
- the campaign manager — la directora de la campaña
- she's a good manager — es buena administradora
- The same message goes out from sports team managers, some of whom are developing very bad sideline manners of late.
- The team will go outside the organization for a new manager and coaching staff.
- All team managers as well as club officers will be in attendance.
- A lot of team managers would serve their teams much better if they engaged with their players and explained the rules to them.
- The organisers are appealing to all parents and team managers to attend.
- This means mailing out your scores and CDs to competitions, conductors, managers and performers.
- As managers or staff employees, our failure to do so reflects a poor professional ethic.
- Players must contact their respective team managers as soon as possible with their nomination for player of the year.
- It has rigorous objectives and targets and will be monitored by directors, managers or teams.
- Tom and Joby Costello were installed as the new managers of the team.
- These courses are tailored for all levels of bar workers from door staff to managers.
- Oddly enough, the same gesture is also used to denote bank managers, estate agents, lawyers, and football team managers.
- Already I detect a reduction in the number of training sessions being organised by team managers in general at present.
- The only solution here is for team managers to take strong action against any of their players who indulge in this type of actions.
- The software can cut down on the time it takes managers to schedule their staff.
- Does your sales manager train your staff to engage with prospective members?
- The following team managers were appointed for the coming year to take charge of the various teams at underage level.
- A number are involved with music as musicians, managers, writers, and record store workers.
- Rewarding staff is also a key part of the sales manager's responsibilities.
- Many staff were contacted by managers over the weekend to undergo the tests.
- The team managers were Holy Atchison and Ashley Paterson.
- The survey also found sales managers and directors were to blame for recruiting staff who would not be suited to their job.
- It called for pub and bar managers to act more responsibly but stopped short of recommending a ban on live World Cup games being screened in the town.
- The results were circulated to staff by managers last week, and passed to the Sunday Herald on request.
- As a result of allegations, the manager responsible for these staff requested a suspension hearing.
- It is also true that there will be fewer managers and more staff working directly with children and young people.
- Stagecoach had prepared an emergency timetable and was going to use managers and non-driving staff with public service licences.
- While some managers of vanquished teams have given their players a break, Gray has sentenced his men to hard labour and they will not have a day off until Friday.
- In some cases, the law has made IT managers legally responsible for adherence to corporate governance rules.
- Bar staff, doormen and managers could be held criminally liable whereas previously it was only the responsibility of the licence holder.
- You can show your support for the manager, team or a particular player by sponsoring their shirt next season.
- The entire game was played in a fine sporting manner which reflected glowingly on both sets of team managers.
- We need to move into an era where Zambian musicians have managers, like in the past.
- Being a manager in business is just like being a manager of a football team.
- Worried staff managers had to call for police to maintain order.
- Department managers will be responsible for introducing and managing changes associated with the renovations.
- Almost half felt managers did not involve staff in important decisions.
- Morale and motivation among staff and managers dips and passenger abuse increases.
- Anyway, congratulations to the team and the manager and we all hope to see the black and white back in Croke Park next year.
- All team managers and mentors for the coming year should attend.
- Although he hadn't reached the finish line, the team managers got a good impression of him and appreciated his technical maturity.
- But there came a stage when both the musician and his tour manager had to be told no more alcohol would be served to them.
- As a loyal employee, the manager is responsible for keeping salaries at a reasonable level.
- Regular meetings are held between managers and supervisory staff to look at ways in which the centre can be improved.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.