- There are a number of places where, naturally, I would not have worded that defense as Joe has, but on the whole I am grateful for his manful attempt to read what I said charitably.
- Frazer has done a manful job in that position but I know he is ready for a rest and his strength is in a defensive role.
- This second time, Selby made a manful attempt with both hands to make the catch.
- He himself seems to feel he has to make manful, self-deprecating jokes about having his election stolen.
- The industry has been making manful efforts to curtail production so that prices will not go through the floor every time that there is a pick-up in demand.