In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Most Nebraska soils contain sufficient levels of potassium, magnesium, manganese, iron and sulfur for sunflower levels.
- Carbon-manganese steels are in general use for the rails; too much carbon makes the steel brittle, too much manganese makes it hard to weld.
- The oxygens which were originally attached to the manganese are still attached in the neutral complex.
- Offshore oil and gold are exploited, and there are deposits of iron ore, copper, manganese, uranium, silica, and titanium.
- The list includes sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, cobalt, copper, zinc, and molybdenum.
- Also, urinalysis showed high levels of potassium, manganese, and calcium.
- These changes were associated with large increases in phosphorus, potassium, zinc, iron, manganese, and copper.
- Cobalt, nickel and manganese are metals with iron-like properties.
- Uptake of aluminum, iron and manganese has not been as extensively studied in algae.
- Groundwater also contains salts of calcium, magnesium, iron, and manganese.
- These alloys usually contain manganese as an impurity because wrought metal scrap is used in preparing them.
- And it provided vital information on lime requirement, phosphorus, potash, magnesium, copper, manganese and zinc.
- They include magnesium, calcium, iron, sulfur, molybdenum, boron, zinc, copper and manganese.
- Nitrates and trace metals, such as iron, manganese, copper, and zinc, should be kept to a minimum.
- By far the most important use of manganese is in the production of alloys, primarily steel alloys.
- The mineral elements most likely to be deficient in vineyards are nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, boron, iron, manganese, and magnesium.
- Unlike metals such as iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, and nickel, gold has no natural biological role.
- Less abundant elements, which are equally necessary for life, include calcium, manganese, iron, and iodine.
- Water from some sites contained manganese, often a component of the mineral-rich water discharged from vents.
- Daily intake of small amounts of manganese is needed for growth and good health in children.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.