1remolacha forrajera feminine
- The availability of such compounds is taken for granted these days, but the laborious task of extracting glutamine from kilogram quantities of mangel-wurzels clearly made an impression on the young Williamson.
- A couple of the beds will be given more attention, and fennel, mangels and sprouting broccoli sown in them.
- Could it be that, having watered down the chicken with non-specific mince you are now further diluting your capital costs with low grade mangel-wurzels?
- Swiss chard, garden beets, stock beets, or mangel-wurzels, and sugar beets all belong to the same species and will intercross readily.
- For Punkie Night, children carry lanterns made from hollowed-out mangel-wurzels (these days pumpkins are used) with faces cut out of them around the village boundary, collecting money and singing the punkie song.
- A mangel-wurzel is a type of beet, bigger than your average beet
- They belong to the botanical species Beta vulgaris, which also includes sugar beets, mangel-wurzels (very large roots used as animal fodder), foliage beets, and Swiss chard.
- Cattle farming required a more intensive cultivation of fodder crops such as maize, potatoes, turnips, and mangels.
- I'm late sowing runner beans, fennel and mangels (for Smokey and the pigs) but all will go in tomorrow.
- This group includes Sugar Beets, grown for sugar extraction and mangel-wurzels, grown for livestock feed.
- The beetroot is important economically, for its siblings, the sugar beet and the mangel-wurzel, both played dramatic parts in recent history.
- A mangel-wurzel is a stubborn root that parts company with the earth only after a vigorous tussle, and I don't envy Rab Butler his summer, even though he was paid 8¢ an hour.
- These lanterns were mangel-wurzels (large beets) or pumpkins hollowed out with a ghostly face cut into them, illuminated by a candle placed inside.
- Other crops grown over a comparatively small acreage were beans, turnips, potatoes, oats, barley, mangel-wurzels, clover, tares, peas, and rye; these accounted for the remainder of the arable land.
- The mangel-wurzels were pulled by hand and lead back to the yard by the same horses and carts.