In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The ripe mango is golden yellow in colour and it did look appealing on a silk sari.
- Now, those industries have gone and globalisation means that we can buy sun-drenched pineapples, mangoes and passion fruit in the middle of winter.
- Export of mangoes had been restricted earlier by the United States because of pest-risk.
- I chop up whatever fruits and vegetables I have available and make a delicious salad including my favourite garbanzo beans and mangoes.
- For instance, large number of watermelons, mangoes and other summer fruits began appearing on handcarts in residential colonies and markets.
- Coffee, cotton, peanuts, mangoes, citrus fruits, and sugarcane are other important crops.
- In many parts of the world mangoes aren't exported much, because the locals eat them all.
- You can use almost any fruit you like, but ripe mangoes, apricots and peaches all work particularly well.
- Known as the queen of tropical fruits, the mango is probably the best loved tropical fruit worldwide.
- To serve, arrange the red fingerling bananas, blackberries, raspberries, dehydrated mangoes, and Brazil nuts on a large plate.
- When ripe mangoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, Beta-Carotene and other related Carotenoids.
- A fresh mango will give slightly to the touch, but stay away from very soft or bruised fruit.
- Pickled vegetables and fruits like lemons or mangoes are popular accompaniments to meals.
- The most commonly eaten fruits are mangoes, bananas, grapefruit, papayas, and oranges.
- On the other hand, green mangos are popular in many dishes from India, Thailand, and Malaysia.
- Fruits markets are depending on fruits like pineapple and mangoes supplied locally and there has been a complete shortage of grapes, oranges and apples.
- Ripe mangoes are eaten for dessert while pickles and chutney are prepared from unripe fruit.
- I picked up some fruits on my way home, so I now have at my disposal apricots, peaches, nectarines, lychee fruit, a mango, and assorted berries.
- Among the island's abundant fruits are bananas, mangos, breadfruit, guavas, plumrose, coconuts, passion fruits, and pineapples.
- Unlike mangoes and other tropical fruits, a diverse community of fig trees provides food year - round.
2also mango treemango masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.