In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural mangoes, Plural mangos
- To serve, arrange the red fingerling bananas, blackberries, raspberries, dehydrated mangoes, and Brazil nuts on a large plate.
- Coffee, cotton, peanuts, mangoes, citrus fruits, and sugarcane are other important crops.
- Known as the queen of tropical fruits, the mango is probably the best loved tropical fruit worldwide.
- I picked up some fruits on my way home, so I now have at my disposal apricots, peaches, nectarines, lychee fruit, a mango, and assorted berries.
- Now, those industries have gone and globalisation means that we can buy sun-drenched pineapples, mangoes and passion fruit in the middle of winter.
- You can use almost any fruit you like, but ripe mangoes, apricots and peaches all work particularly well.
- Fruits markets are depending on fruits like pineapple and mangoes supplied locally and there has been a complete shortage of grapes, oranges and apples.
- When ripe mangoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, Beta-Carotene and other related Carotenoids.
- On the other hand, green mangos are popular in many dishes from India, Thailand, and Malaysia.
- Among the island's abundant fruits are bananas, mangos, breadfruit, guavas, plumrose, coconuts, passion fruits, and pineapples.
- For instance, large number of watermelons, mangoes and other summer fruits began appearing on handcarts in residential colonies and markets.
- A fresh mango will give slightly to the touch, but stay away from very soft or bruised fruit.
- Export of mangoes had been restricted earlier by the United States because of pest-risk.
- The ripe mango is golden yellow in colour and it did look appealing on a silk sari.
- The most commonly eaten fruits are mangoes, bananas, grapefruit, papayas, and oranges.
- I chop up whatever fruits and vegetables I have available and make a delicious salad including my favourite garbanzo beans and mangoes.
- Pickled vegetables and fruits like lemons or mangoes are popular accompaniments to meals.
- In many parts of the world mangoes aren't exported much, because the locals eat them all.
- Ripe mangoes are eaten for dessert while pickles and chutney are prepared from unripe fruit.
- Unlike mangoes and other tropical fruits, a diverse community of fig trees provides food year - round.
2also mango treemango masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.