In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persecución femininebúsqueda feminine
- She managed to escape and report the attack to police, sparking one of the biggest manhunts in Australian history.
- The find sparked a manhunt with 15 police officers, dog teams and the force helicopter scouring the area.
- A police manhunt has been launched, with divers dredging a reservoir in Belfast.
- Police in Cheshire and north Wales launched a massive manhunt but failed to locate the car in time.
- A nationwide manhunt was then launched to trace her husband, who had not been seen since the previous weekend.
- Although police launched a huge manhunt and interviewed hundreds of people, his killers were never brought to justice.
- Her father reported her flight and a police manhunt was launched.
- Meanwhile the hunt for those responsible intensified with Scotland Yard engaged in one of the force's biggest ever manhunts.
- A major manhunt was launched and detectives made numerous appeals in a bid to catch the culprit.
- Police continued a manhunt in the area, but by late yesterday the attacker had not been arrested.
- The driver of their vehicle escaped from the scene and is now the subject of a police manhunt.
- December 2, 1993, marked the end of one of the longest, bloodiest and most corrupt manhunts in history.
- One of North Yorkshire's biggest police manhunts was launched.
- Police chiefs heading the manhunt have urged the bank to think seriously about agreeing to such an option.
- Detectives have launched a manhunt after two men burst into the home of a young mother and threatened to harm her newborn baby.
- The murderer was shot dead by police after a four-day manhunt, according to a report in the Southern Weekend.
- Cheshire Police have now launched a manhunt and stepped up police patrols in the town, with officers warning women to be vigilant.
- Police have launched a manhunt and believe the crimes may be linked, after witnesses gave similar descriptions for the offender.
- So ended one of the biggest and most maddening manhunts in history.
- He said the police believe the suspect was working with one or two other people and have launched a manhunt for them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.