In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maniacodepresión femininedepresión maniaca femininetrastorno bipolar masculine technical
- I didn't know it at the time, but he was under a psychiatrist's care for manic depression and several other mental illnesses.
- This range is emphasized in people suffering from manic depression, a disorder which brings on strong depression as well as extreme happiness.
- He had been plagued with mental illness and manic depression during his life, suffering no fewer than ten breakdowns.
- You are about to market a drug that cures anxiety, manic depression, and schizophrenia.
- He suffered from manic depression after shell shock in World War II and the festival has been timed to coincide with Mental Health Week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.