In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formalto manifest itself — aparecerse
2(show)poner de manifiestorevelar
1manifiestoevidenteto make sth manifest — poner algo de manifiesto
1Nautical Aviationmanifiesto masculine
- Airport officials said the company that owns the jet could be penalized for the last minute change in the passenger manifest in violation of regulations.
- I would then compare these goods to the manifests of cargo that was going out that day.
- Using the helicopter manifests, I counted the numbers of passenger-journeys and the numbers of flights for the complete months of September and October 1996.
- It is unbelievable that the original passenger manifests have still not been released.
- Once he had the crate cleared, he checked the attached manifest against the one logged in to the main computer files.
- These allegations will be proven by a trail of bank transactions among the three and a Malaysian Airlines flight manifest, the prosecution said.
- Akobi said the plane's manifest listed 156 passengers and an unknown number of crew.
- Investigators will be checking passenger manifests of outgoing flights from the east coast early on Tuesday morning.
- If we had a manifest from the airplane, or from the companies, we would pay the claim.
- The manifest of the Nigerian-registered ship said it was carrying 139 passengers.
- Would they have the good sense to check the airline's manifest if I didn't show at the appointed place?
- The ship's manifest, meanwhile, had the boy down as Markus Rotkowicz.
- The FBI was this weekend studying passenger manifests from two ferries operating between Falmouth, Nova Scotia, and Maine.
- The manifest showed that some of the passengers were schoolchildren.
- They are simpler because they don't have to constantly and quickly access vital, secure databases such as passenger manifests.
- A US inspection team discovered missiles, which were not declared as cargo on the ship's manifest.
- We've never seen a full set of passenger manifests.
- Leo Durant sat in his office on the first level as he quietly peered over their cargo manifest.
- Through its spies, Germany was probably well aware of the ammunition in the hold, especially as it was openly declared on the ship's manifest.
- If you would not mind, a crew manifest would expedite the release of any unjustly imprisoned.
- He was told that the company had checked and his name was not on the passenger manifest.
- A further boarding party from Portland then arrived to check that the tanker was carrying the cargo of water specified on her manifest.
- If you're a customs inspector at a port of entry you can send photos of cargos and manifests back to the office where someone can check them against computer records.
- But careful scrutiny of passenger manifests and the brief questioning of seven passengers failed to turn up evidence that a suicide hijacking was likely.
- Maybe that's why they never checked the passenger manifest to make sure all the passengers were accounted for.
- The freighter was unidentified, flew no flag and offered a false ship's manifest.
- He listed himself as a farm laborer on the manifest of the ship and didn't even write his mother until the day the ship was going to sail.
- When she wakes up, Julia is nowhere to be found either on the plane or manifest.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.