In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(form, embodiment)manifestación feminine
- We are all incarnations and manifestations of the Divine.
- The Hindu temple, in all its diverse manifestations, incarnates this truth.
- Twentieth-century art, particularly in its abstract manifestations, provides many examples of such integration.
- The holy land of Bharat is the birthplace of many incarnations and manifestations of divine power that descended on earth in human garb.
- Baptists believe Jesus of Nazareth was the Christ, the incarnate manifestation of the Eternal God.
- According to Malek, the cat was regarded strictly as a manifestation of a deity, not a deity itself.
2(sign, symptom)manifestación feminineindicio masculine
- In addition, he still constitutes the paradigmatic figure in whom philosophy, even in its most abstract manifestations, is never severed from the concerns of life.
- One of the most obvious manifestations of muscle mass loss is the decreased ability to produce force.
- There it was, the mysterious manifestation of the ‘festival atmosphere’.
- Individual evildoers can be defeated; the current manifestation of evil can be destroyed.
- At present they are the earliest evidence of human creativity and the first known visual manifestations of abstract thought.
- Another manifestation of the black market in Belfast is the legendary and ever-popular delivery services.
- I see democracy as the political manifestation of our cultural evolution.
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome is the clinical manifestation of severe, acute lung injury.
- The behavior and clinical manifestations of infectious diseases also might be dictated by the same phenomenon.
- He is always portrayed as an abstract manifestation of evil, from which we, as the good children of the next generation, are safely separated.
- Class differentiation, on the other hand, is increasing both in day-to-day social interaction and manifestations of disparities.
- The phenomena described above are the obvious manifestations of this dilemma.
- Such yearning is a manifestation of a pure revolutionary spirit.
- The obvious manifestation of that is in low turnouts at elections.
- Sometimes the manifestations of liver disease are not obvious.
- She says the whole event was a manifestation of some new kind of consciousness.
- Offshoring is merely the latest manifestation of a well-established process.
- Interest in the cardiovascular manifestations of sleep apnea has grown dramatically over the past few years.
- Social withdrawal can be a manifestation of untreated physical symptoms such as pain.
- We are looking not at an event but at a visual manifestation of thought.
- More importantly, the feast was a ceremonial manifestation of the warfaring nature of society.
- This change has many obvious surface manifestations.
- To this end, a theory construes those phenomena as manifestations of entities and processes that lie behind or beneath them, as it were.
- As this column demonstrated last week, this polarisation is extreme and has clear-cut economic, cultural and political manifestations.
- What we saw here was a manifestation of a global oversupply problem in emerging markets.
3(of ghost)aparición feminine
- It seems there's nothing like a demonic manifestation to stimulate the giving spirit.
- And to take the place of the word of God he holds out spiritual manifestations.
- In the literary ghost story, at least in many of its classic manifestations, the ghost is all, and the deliberate arousal of fear is the story's primary purpose.
- Oh, and for the record, I've never experienced a physical manifestation of a spirit.
- The same applies to the spiritual manifestations in his work.
- Though he waited, no further manifestations appeared.
- The majority of spiritual manifestations use electromagnetic energy to interact with our world, hence the bag.
- He called it a hobby while I called it a manifestation of an evil spirit.
- They issued a number of condemnations, and claimed that spirit manifestations were in fact the work of demons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.