In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manifiesto masculinefeminine plataforma electoral British
- Parties' election manifestos aren't so much promises of what they will do as what they would like to do, if they can get the support.
- Too often in the past, our youth have been featured prominently in the glossy manifestos of all political parties.
- The only remaining option is the political route of making a clear proposal in the election manifesto.
- He's the only politician featured in the manifesto document and has his picture on every page.
- At the national level the parties publish their manifestos setting out the policies they will implement if they win the election.
- To a greater or lesser extent, the manifestos of the major political parties have been exercises in fantasy.
- If correct this will show the manifestos of the political parties in a more favourable light.
- I have learned not to take any notice of parties' manifestos.
- A situation is needed where genuine alternative policies contained in party manifestos are put forward.
- The big parties' election manifestos also reflect this obsession.
- Look for them in the political manifestos, in executive directives, in the next letter from your friendly consultant.
- All parties are likely to include a pledge in their election manifestos ruling out such a move.
- Pressure needs to be stepped up to force the government to honour its manifesto pledge.
- For the past three elections the Labour Party has issued a manifesto of its aims and objectives.
- We'll also issue manifestos, mission statements and declarations.
- In 1945, the manifestos for all three parties stressed the need to retain control of the production and distribution of food.
- This pursuit of risk avoidance has become the mantra of health care and is now a political manifesto pledge.
- It is entirely in Spanish and contains party proclamations and political manifestos.
- Study of the parties' election manifestos shows that the parties have differentiated themselves on many policy matters.
- It will be fascinating to see how much attention the main parties pay, in manifestos and the campaign, to economic and business issues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.