In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mandioca feminineyuca feminine
- Other common foods include rice, beans, fish, potatoes, and manioc.
- Banana plants are interspersed among the manioc, avoiding the monoculture typical of industrialized agriculture.
- Traditional rural staples are sweet potatoes, manioc, yams, corn, rice, pigeon peas, cowpeas, bread, and coffee.
- The agricultural products are sugar, rice, manioc, cocoa, vegetables, and bananas.
- Some alternate breakfast foods include boiled manioc, maize porridge, or fried cakes made of rice flour.
- Cultivation of crops is limited to the coastal area, where the population is largely concentrated; rice and manioc are the major crops.
- The growing and processing of manioc into cassava bread and farina was once a major subsistence activity, but now wheat bread is widely available from local bakeries.
- Traditional households eat porridge for breakfast, which is made from millet, corn, yams, or manioc.
- The most important Native American cultivars were maize, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, and manioc or cassava.
- Staple foods, apart from sorghum and millet, are maize, manioc, potatoes, rice, sesame, and some bean species.
- There are songs about fishing, planting, and how to use a hoe, paddle a canoe, or pound manioc with a giant mortar and pestle.
- The sources include corn, potatoes, barley, wheat, Jerusalem artichokes, cacti, and manioc.
- Grains, particularly maize, and manioc are incorporated into almost all meals.
- People farm corn, manioc, potatoes, beans, and rice for their personal use.
- The basis of Amazonian cuisine is a type of cassava, known in Brazil as manioc.
- Fried manioc was somewhat more dense than traditional French fries but almost identical in taste.
- Behind every green hill there's another hill, with eucalyptus groves and banana trees and terraced fields of sweet potato and manioc and corn.
- Another downside is the plant's relatively short growing season; manioc, peanuts, and potatoes, in contrast, provide cash flow throughout the year.
- Plantains and manioc are important foods in much of the country, especially the north and the Mosquitia.
- In the south, rice, corn, and manioc are the primary starches; millet, sorghum, and yams are preferred in central and northern communities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.