In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(skills/techniques) de manipulación(skills/techniques) manual
- He would also be unable to undertake employment which involved prolonged fine manipulative skills.
- Police say he was manipulative, dishonest, cunning and intimidating.
- It fitted with his manipulative desire to control and dominate.
- When the crown passed to Edward, just ten years old and physically frail, the way opened for manipulative adults to seize control.
- He has been shown to be dishonest, calculating, egocentric, manipulative and a control freak.
- You're not calculating, not manipulative, not any of those things.
- For that, she is condemned as secretive and manipulative.
- Unfortunately, the excruciating, manipulative girlfriend he's been trying to dump might have cancer.
- I don't want to hear about your mind games or your manipulative tricks anymore.
- Francois Truffaut once said that the documentary is a thousand times more manipulative and deceptive than the work of fiction.
- But what I admire, or more accurately, am in awe of, is his manipulative ability.
- Why is it when, after greatly resisting temptation you eventually weaken and submit to its manipulative forces?
- My sister had told me of incidents of violence in the past, and of controlling and manipulative behaviour.
- I'm increasingly angry at my brother and his wife for their manipulative ways.
- Evie is a manipulative, dangerous and damaged character, but Tracy is blind to this and easily gets swallowed up in Evie's world.
- She was certainly clever enough, but her nature was not conniving or manipulative in any way.
- It was silly and manipulative, but I liked it anyway, in part because of how silly and manipulative it was.
- They were shrewd, but not smart; manipulative but not masterful.
- But what begins as manipulative flirtation soon turns into a dangerous and erotic game of passion, power and betrayal.
- They are trained to perform osteopathic manipulative treatment.
- There's something very calculating and manipulative about how he does things.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.